Thursday, March 24, 2011

Show Preview


I've been working on this show all month and realized that I didn't take the time to update at all.  This is me fixing that.
I don't want to give it all up before the show, so this is just a couple parts of pieces.  I'm trying to get into the thick of my brain and really work on the content I've hesitated to do for a while now.  A lot of weird sinewy mucus bands and fur trails and red string everywhere.
I've been stoked about the gouache I've been working with, its opacity is amazing. It's Holbein Acryla Gouache, and I've completely destroyed all of my little hair grain painting liner brushes just thickening up these pages with fur.

2 comments:

wandering genie said...

These look amazing. I love seeing your color stuff!! And I lovvvvve gouache. It's so ideal for illustrative stuff.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jeanne! I love gouache so much too, it's just the best thing that's happened to me after I realized that oil painting can't really be sustainable without the right facilities. Man.
Opaque pigment!