Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mulder, It's Me.


"Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it." 
- Dana Scully
 Dear lord, what couldn't she do, except believe? 

A critical mind and clear wit, nothing got past her. As a sceptic and atheist in a world that hides magic from us every day, I did not understand her nearly as well when I was younger. 
I love her all the more now.



Fox Mulder made so much more sense to me when I was younger, and now I feel the ever-present pull between the struggle to realize something more exceptional than ordinary life and my own skepticism.   I love that Mulder will always strive towards the unnatural and unlikely at any possible moment.  He is a time capsule of my lost faith in the supernatural. 

What more is there to say about this one? 

"Dear Diary: Today my heart leapt when Agent Scully suggested spontaneous human combustion."


I made this pair of Mulder & Scully gouache paintings for fun -



No comments: